8.20.2008

Happy Anniversary, 64 box!

When I was a child, there was nothing that could beat the smell of a new box of crayons. Perhaps it's the arteeest in me, but I loved just about anything Crayola (keep in mind, my childhood was during the late 70s, early 80s; back then, Crayola made crayons--maybe markers--and that's it). I loved my crayons--the way the wax would glide along the paper, the names of the colors (periwinkle! maize! burnt sienna!)--and I could spend entire afternoons arranging and rearranging the colors in the box (good God, it's a good thing I went into the arts!).

So this year marks the 50th anniversary of the 64-crayon box (with the built-in sharpener!). As part of the celebration, head on over to Crayola's website, to play the color quizzer game; essentially guess the name of the color x 64 (Which, by the by, I totally nailed--almost).



Hint, to totally rock at this game, you'd best check out the 2008 Kid's Choice colors first--I didn't, and therefore was completely unaware that someone would think up the name "awesome" as a color.

Wait, scratch that. It was probably my kid.

No comments: