7.13.2010

Sara + David

So, those of you that are following along at home know that my BFF is getting married this summer--in less than 2 weeks! As part of my gift to her, I designed her wedding invitations. However, I've been holding off on posting them--well, because our camera battery died. And I couldn't find the charger.

But never fear, faithful readers! Amazon to the rescue--new battery charger arrived the other day, so let the invitation goodness commence!

Sara is easily the most laid back bride EVER. She had no requests. No colors. Seriously. I am the maid of honor--or what I have rebranded as BFF, because, I'm sorry, maid--and even worse--matron of honor sounds old. Am I right ladies? Anywho, I am the BFF, and she told me to wear whatever I was comfortable in. Like, pretty much pick a dress. Seriously, she's the anti-bridezilla.

So when it came to designing the invitations, there were no guidelines. I wanted to do something wonderfully simple and classy. A few days earlier, she had found some orchids that she really liked and was thinking about using in her bouquet. Finally! A detail I could use!



Her wedding is at a marina in Old Saybrook, right on the water. The orchids she liked were purple, so it made sense to use the combination of blue and purple. The perfect shade of blue paper was found at Kate's Paperie (of course).



Detail of the invitation, directions, and envelope.




Response card and envelope.




The whole shebang.

I'm also going to use this theme for her seating cards, and hopefully a menu or program. I seriously cannot WAIT for this wedding--I am beyond excited for my BFF and so happy that I got to contribute to what will be an awesome day!

No comments: