7.09.2010

Friday LOLs

I don't think Friday likes me very much; as a matter of fact, I'm starting to get a complex about it. Last week, the intern managed to be sick 90% of the long weekend--it started (not well, mind you) on Friday. Today, coincidentally another Friday, the 6 year old gets sick, and I get a flat tire. What up, Friday??

I'm hoping that laughter is a good cure for all this Friday negativity. I've accumulated a bunch of great links that hopefully will make you LOL. I know I did--and I needed it.

I'm Comic Sans, Asshole:
[I know, I know, this one's been floating around the internet for a month now--which is like, FOREVER. But it's funny and it makes me laugh every time I read it, and it will totally make you laugh again, too]

You don't like that your coworker used me on that note about stealing her yogurt from the break room fridge? You don't like that I'm all over your sister-in-law's blog? You don't like that I'm on the sign for that new Thai place? You think I'm pedestrian and tacky? Guess the fuck what, Picasso. We don't all have seventy-three weights of stick-up-my-ass Helvetica sitting on our seventeen-inch MacBook Pros. Sorry the entire world can't all be done in stark Eurotrash Swiss type. Sorry some people like to have fun. Sorry I'm standing in the way of your minimalist Bauhaus-esque fascist snoozefest. Maybe sometime you should take off your black turtleneck, stop compulsively adjusting your Tumblr theme, and lighten the fuck up for once.


Lost Cat:
[This guy cracks me up. I guarantee that you will spend a sickening amount of time on his site, because it's so ridiculous. I'm sorry in advance that I wasted half your Friday with this link]

Dear Shannon,

That is shocking news. Luckily I was sitting down when I read your email and not half way up a ladder or tree. How are you holding up? I am surprised you managed to attend work at all what with thinking about Missy out there cold, frightened and alone... possibly lying on the side of the road, her back legs squashed by a vehicle, calling out "Shannon, where are you?"
Although I have two clients expecting completed work this afternoon, I will, of course, drop everything and do whatever it takes to facilitate the speedy return of Missy.

Regards, David.


The Friend Bar
[I love Apple products, and I think I love things that poke fun at Apple products just as much. See also: What it's like to own an Apple product]

...The Friend Bar is staffed by Apple employees specially trained to carry on lengthy conversations about even the most arcane Apple-related topics...

No comments: