3.15.2010

Aprés storm

During the day this past Saturday, and into the night, our little corner of the world experienced quite a storm: torrential rains, screaming winds--it was madness. We ended up losing power for a few hours Saturday night--but we were lucky; many had lost it right through Sunday evening.

Sunday I drove around in the mist documenting some of the fallen trees--it was insane the amount of roads that were blocked. Every road I turned down there was a detour of some sort. Here's some of what I found:


A tangle of police tape, branches and wires.






I love the texture on this fallen tree trunk.






Brookside Drive, Fairfield.






A tangle of fallen wire.



The owner of this house--to add insult to injury--was having his basement pumped as I shot this one. "The lesser of the two problems," he said to me.






In all the destruction, a sign of spring.

No comments: