6.06.2008

Friday night oversharing

From Marcy, this meme was inspired by one of her friend's reactions to the NY Times Mag cover story a couple of weeks ago, pretty much about a girl who just. wouldn't. shut. up. Seriously, if you haven't read the article, here's a quick summary: Girl blogs about every detail of her life. Boyfriends get mad over her tendency to "overshare." Girl password-protects (now ex) boyfriend-related blog posts, then writes a cover story for the NY Times magazine telling all this and more.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the oversharing meme:

1. Name the singer/band/performer you are most embarrassed to admit you actually paid good money to see in concert.
I went to so many concerts in my high school/college years, and there's got to be an embarrassment in there somewhere... I just have yet to remember it.

2. Which reality TV show have you watched more than once (come on. I don't believe you if you say "none," unless you don't own a TV)?
I will watch What Not to Wear from time to time; and as the seasons progress, I've been more and more into Project Runway. When I first started working from home 3 years ago, I used to watch TLC at lunch, which was A Baby Story, A Wedding Story, A Makeover Story... I've since graduated to lunchtime reruns of Melrose Place (Hey, I'm oversharing, OK?).

3. Which complete trash novelist have you not only read but enjoyed enough to read more than one book of his/hers?
Growing up, my mother was all about Danielle Steele, so I'm sure that I've read a couple of her books. Blech, I felt dirty just typing that.

4. What sappy musical could you watch over and over and over again?
The Sound of Music, and I have happily passed this gene down to my girls.

5. Who was your first celebrity crush?
[sigh] Corey Haim. Not to be confused with "the Coreys," cause I really didn't see the attraction with the other one (Feldman?). But it didn't last long (I'm glad to say, as now he is washed up and kind of gross looking)... sidenote: there is a great song by the Thrills, that I love love love, called Whatever Happened to Corey Haim?

6. Who is the most embarrassing celebrity on whom you have a slight crush today?
I would totally agree with Marcy and say Rob Lowe (ever since St. Elmo's Fire, he will always have a special place in my heart).

7. What movie that everyone else and his cousin and even his dog has seen have you never seen?
The Crying Game. I remember all kinds of hype surrounding the movie (there was some big secret--the guy was really a girl, or the girl was really a guy?), and it was one of those movies I just never got around to seeing.

8. What were you drinking the first time you ever got drunk?
Well... I was drunk, so the memory is a little fuzzy... it was probably some frilly mixed drink.

9. Which old re-run will you still pause to watch if you’re flicking through the channels and see that it’s on?
When Madeline was an infant, Nick at Night reran all kinds of sitcoms from my youth: Cosby, Family Ties, Cheers... Midnight feedings were based not on what time it was, but by which show was on. I will watch almost any sitcom from the early 80s (Square Pegs, anyone?). And I will always, ALWAYS stop and watch Mary Tyler Moore if/when it's on, no matter what I'm doing. "Oh, Mr. Grant!"

10. What book/movie/t.v. show that only a fifteen-year-old would think is funny makes you laugh?
This one is tough. I always enjoy The Wedding Singer whenever I watch it--but that takes place in the 80s and I think a lot of the references would be lost on a fifteen year old. I laughed my butt off watching Superbad, but if you've seen it, you know it's completely inappropriate for fifteen year olds (or so the parent in me thinks... but I'm sure plenty of fifteen year olds have seen it).

2 comments:

ZoesMom said...

It is nice to know there is someone else who will admit to still having a crush on Rob Lowe. And I do love the Mary Tyler Moore show too -- I have to thank Nick at Nite and late night feedings of infant Zoe for that one. :-)

tracie valentino said...

The funniest part is that I asked Mattio about any embarrassing celebrity crushes I had, and he sighs, "I don't know, Rob Lowe?"