The branding iron

So, I've spoken of the black hole that I tend to fall into once I stray online... today was one of those days. I have no idea what I was looking for in the first place, as all sense of time, space and direction were lost once I found the "Brand Timeline Portrait."

The brand timeline portrait is a timeline of all the brands you use throughout the day. I actually found the link through a similar type-project, "33 logos in 33 minutes." What the hey, I figured, I could do this.

Ummmm, yeah. I never realized just how many brands I use throughout the day. So my brand timeline portrait is from when I get up in the AM (usually about 6:45, depending on my daughter, the alarm clock) to when I leave the house at 8:30 AM. So basically, in an hour and 45 minutes, I use slightly less than 50 brands. And that's not even double dipping--for instance, I use Tom's of Maine toothpaste, and deodorant; however Tom's of Maine is only on there once. And forget about Trader Joe's--so much of what I buy is Trader Joe's brand!

I had the best of intentions and started out in the order of how I use the brands (Get up. Turn Fisher Price monitor off. Look at RCA alarm clock. Go get baby and change her Pampers diaper and use Huggies wipes; etc). However, that quickly became overwhelming, so at some point, it's just a list of all the brands I used this morning.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Tracie's brand morning portrait:
UPDATE: I broke the image up into 3s, because unless you had a microscope, it was impossible to see these because the picture had shrunk so much.

I can't even imagine how large this image would be if I kept track my entire day! It's pretty amazing the logos and branding we come across in our daily lives, and don't even think about it.


David said...

Great addition, Tracie! Thanks for taking part and showing your own brand exposure.

David Airey (Logo Design Love)

Cheryl Summers said...

A professionally crafted Custom logo designer is one of the greatest blessings for a company; whether it is big or small. It gives them an identity of their own and makes them different from others.