This was a little more of a challenge to design--there were a lot of things to take into consideration:
• The blog was going to be a showcase of other design blogs
• So, that's a lot of design already on one page
• The Stylesson brand had to be prominent
• But complimentary to the other design blogs
• Lots of pictures!
• And lots of white space!
• But also room for advertising
Whew. I'm exhausted already.
After playing with a ton of different ideas and configurations, I presented a couple ideas to Marcy, and she chose the version that's live--not very many design edits at all!
My pal Tim, of Cooper Multimedia, developed the site in Wordpress, using Coolvetica from Typekit for the menu.