10.03.2008

I won! I won!

As recently as a few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to receive an email from a Nigerian fellow looking to free an extraodinarily large sum of money up; as a result of my help, he was willing to share the wealth and pay me millions of dollars! (I know, I can't believe this scam is still going around either.)

Today, I received an email from the WebEx Corporation, actually rewarding me for being an internet user! Go on, then:

So much money is generated from people like you all over the World for using the Information Superhighway (the Internet) without your being aware the enormous sum that go to the stake holders (WWITC). Without your patronage, this would not have been possible. After we conducted a research on the issue, we concluded that Internet users should be compensated (Ed. note: What kind of research, exactly, did they do to come to this conclusion?). As a result, we embarked on a worldwide lottery promotion with a sophisticated automated database to randomly select E-mail accounts that frequently surf the Internet. Consequent upon this, your E-mail address was picked for Category "A" Winners.


The best part about this whole thing--aside from the fact that the Internet is being referred to as the Information Superhighway (Really? This email hasn't been updated at all since 1995?)--is that it was sent to the email address I never give out.

Oh, and it was signed "Congratulations!!! And thank you for being a user of the World Wide Web." No, I'm really not making this up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The scary part is that someone will think it's real!!! I guess if one in one million people think it's real it makes the spammer a winner. That Nigerian guy never paid up either ;)