7.09.2008

Lazy posting

Ahhh, God Bless Marcy. I was at the gym this AM, thinking I really should post to the blog... and I came home, saw the front page of the Arts section of the Times, which practically had a post all but gift wrapped for me--until I went to type it out. The words were coming out about as un-eloquently as they possibly could, it was taking much, much longer than I had anticipated, and after far too much thought on my end, the post was subsequently stuffed in my desk drawer for another time. Then I went check to see what my pal Marcy was up to, and she all but gift wrapped this for me. Thanks again Marce!

What were you doing 10 years ago?
Mattio was home for the summer from graduate school, so I was definitely soaking up as much time with him as possible until he returned to South Carolina; I was working at MicroWarehouse (cringe) as a "desktop publisher" (apparently, I published desktops)--it was my second "design" job (if you could call it that), and except for the few friends I made there, probably one of the worst jobs I've ever had. But then again, I think a lot of people come out of MicroWarehouse saying the same thing. I was also waitressing at night.

Five snacks I enjoy in a perfect, non-weight gaining world:
Well, if this isn't a loaded question...
Ice cream, but not just any ice cream, ice cream with gobs of cookies, and brownies, and peanut butter, and fudge...
Cake with buttercream icing (I am such a sucker for cake)
Nachos
Chips and Dip
Graham crackers

Five snacks I enjoy in the real world:
Chips and guac
Raw veggies (carrots, peppers, tomatoes, etc...)
Kashi pumpkin spice flax granola bars
Graham crackers
Cherries

Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Shop. A lot. I cannot stress this enough.
Volunteer
Travel the world
Teach my kids the value of money, so they don't grow up to be rich, obnoxious snobs
Donate to various charities (it should really be 4 things, as I'm sure everyone is going to put donate)

Five jobs I have had:
Waitress at Ruby Tuesday (the chain, not the strip club--I think, in the Southern CT area anyway, that should be the name of the restaurant: "Ruby Tuesday: the chain, not the strip club")
Adjuct professor at Fairfield U
Sales clerk at Lord & Taylor
Desktop Layout Artist for Brooks Newspapers (my first real "design" job!): I essentially designed and laid out the ads in the paper. And, as a bonus, I got to update the sports section of the website every Friday. Fun times, people, fun times.
Sales clerk at Poster's Arts and Crafts here in Fairfield (my first job--ever. I worked there right up through college; which is why it was difficult for me to come up with 5 jobs that weren't graphic designer, graphic designer, graphic designer...)

Five habits:
Picking at things
Cracking my knuckles (as I sit here trying to come up with some habits...)
Checking my email
Twirling my hair
Procrastinating (as I sit here, trying to come up with some habits... :)

Five places I have lived:
Fairfield, CT
Norwalk, CT
Bridgeport, CT
Carlsbad, CA
Fairfield, CT (pathetic... I know)

1 comment:

Ash said...

HOW RUDE!!!! what happened to me 10 years ago??? waht happened to your LOVELY 13 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER!?!?! HMMM????? just wondering. LOVE YOU!!! and post more about ME! yay! thank you.