5.10.2010

Literally running for life

This year I'm so excited to be participating in my first Relay for Life. For those not in the know, Relay for Life is a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society:

The American Cancer Society Relay For Life is a life-changing event that gives everyone in communities across the globe a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease. At Relay, teams of people camp out at a local high school, park, or fairground and take turns walking or running around a track or path. Each team is asked to have a representative on the track at all times during the event. Because cancer never sleeps, Relays are overnight events up to 24 hours in length.


I know both survivors, and people who--unfortunately--have succumbed to this terrible disease; including both of my grandmothers. It's scary for me to think that we've come so far in modern medicine, however, we have yet to find a cure for a disease that takes so many lives each year. I'm not one to use my blog/social media to go around asking for money--but I feel really strongly about this cause.

Won't you please support my efforts in Relay for Life? Make a donation to my team here.

Thank you so much; not just from me, but from every person touched by cancer.

No comments: