3.02.2009

Saved by a meme

Sick kids are finally better (thank goodness!), so of course there was a snow day today. Thank goodness for Marcy and her meme...

What are your middle names?
Lynn and Richard. I'm not too sure where Lynn came from, but Mattio's named after his grandfather (first name) and father (middle name). Incidentally, one of his brothers is named after his father as well. His other brother was not named after anyone (that I know of--my mother in law is one of 11 after all), and his sister was named after his grandmother. I think it's safe to say that family names are a big tradition in his family.

How long have you been together?
We just passed the 12 year mark! The traditional 12 year gift is silk or linen. The modern gift is pearls. I didn't get either, but--quite frankly--that's just fine by me.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
We met at a Super Bowl get together (I don't say party, because that would make it sound as though other people were there; it was Mattio, our hosts--his friend and the friend's girlfriend--my friend and me.

Who asked whom out?
He got my number through my friend, and asked me out. It was like, a million years after our Super Bowl meeting, though (Actually, I believe it was two weeks. But the running joke is that the time in between us meeting and his calling gets longer every time it comes up). Our first date, by the way, was a disaster. Yet here we are, 12 years later...

How old are you?
33/35. He was actually born a year before me, but his birthday is at the way beginning of the year, and mine is at the end. So for 10 months out of the year, he's 2 years older.

Whose siblings do you see the most?
We probably see our siblings about the same--maybe once a month, if that.

Which situation is hardest on you as a couple?
I think the fact that Mattio commutes is rough--I don't see him nearly as often as I would like to. But I think the most stressful aspect of our marriage is money; he's a saver and I'm a spender. We've both come around--A LOT, but it's still a sticking point.

Did you go to the same school?
No.

Are you from the same home town?
No. I was born and raised in Fairfield; he hails from Wallingford. Growing up in Fairfield, Wallingford meant one thing to me, and one thing only: the Oakdale theater. When I found out he was from Wallingford, that was the first thing I asked: "Isn't that where the Oakdale is?" I had no idea where Wallingford was, save for that theater.

Who is smarter?
I firmly believe that Mattio is way more book smart. I, however, am the street brains of this operation.

Nah, just kidding. I think that there are some things that Mattio is smart about, like computers, and boy stuff. And there are some things that I am smart about, like shoes and sales.

Who is the most sensitive?
By far and away, me.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Mattio and I are very much alike in that we like food, and we are unafraid to try new things and restaurants. Our standby is Quattro Pazzi in Fairfield. Good bar, great food.

Where is the furthest you have traveled together as a couple?
Unfortunately, we have not traveled much together, nevermind very far. I think our honeymoon in South Carolina is about the furthest we've gone together. One day we will make it to our intended honeymoon, in Tuscany.

Who has the craziest exes?
I know very, very little about Mattio's exes (which, quite frankly, is just fine by me). But even if I did, mine would still end up the craziest of the bunch.

Who has the worst temper?
I think that all depends on what we are mad about. I stomp my feet and slam doors and throw things if I am just. that. mad. So yeah, I guess that would be me, then. Nevermind!

Who does the most cooking?
Because I work at home, I am the reluctant chef in our family. But he is a way better cook--if we ate his food all the time I would have to spend the rest of the day working it off at the gym. It's so worth it, though.

Who is the most stubborn?
I think this title is best won by our children, who really have the two most stubborn parents around. Apparently, the stubborn gene just pushed the rest out of the way to become the most dominant gene. EVER.

Who hogs the bed most?
He would say me. And you know what? He'd be right. I am drawn to the middle of the bed like a moth to a flame.

Who does the laundry?
If it's football season, Mattio. The rest of the year I do it during the week, he helps out on the weekends.

Who’s better with the computer?
Remember the first question? About Mattio's middle name? I lied above--it's really computer nerd. But I say that with love.

Who drives when you are together?
He does the majority of driving (nothing puts me to sleep faster than being a passenger in a moving car), but every once in a while--especially if he's unsure of where we're going--I'll drive. His inner compass--how shall I say this politely?--is broken.

No comments: