1.22.2009

Coach has pretty things, fonts

I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of graffiti-inspired fashion. I wasn't a big fan in the early 2000s, when Stephan Sprouse did it for Louis Vuitton (which they have just relaunched); and I can honestly say my reaction was the same when I got this email from Coach yesterday:



Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there's some Carrie-Bradshaw type out there that could totally pull this off. It's just not for me. However, my attention lingered on the bag for only a second, because, hello? What's the gorgeous font there?

Let me just go to Coach's website... Oh my! There is beauty is everywhere! And for once, I'm not talking about the handbags (although, I won't say no to a leather Zoe in silver Or the Carla Sandal in green. Oooooh, yum, yum.). I love, love, love the Bodoni Poster-inspired font. And the colors! Absolutely gorgeous.

Bravo Coach, for not only making pretty things that I covet; but making me see the beauty beyond said pretty things.

PS. I used a version of a very similar font for a client who's opening up her own salon. Her new place should be open in a few short weeks, at which point I will be bursting at the seams to show you her gorgeous letterpress business cards. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your view on graffiti. While I still don't LOVE the Coach graffiti I wouldn't turn it down if I received it as a gift. However, I do LOVE the green that Coach has been featuring lately. There is a Coach bag in the same green as those shoes and it's just as yummy!