3.04.2007

The Portrait House

Last year, when I was getting my business off the ground, a client--Justin Marantz, of Imagine Imaging--and I found each other on craigslist. Normally, I'm not one to rave about clients found on craigslist, but Justin and his fiancée/business partner Mary have been the exception to the rule. They are delightful to work with, take marvelous photographs, and, as it turns out, they have a philanthropic side.

In the midst of the Imagine Imaging site redesign, Justin told me about the Portrait House--a bunch of photographers taking portraits to benefit Habitat for Humanity. He asked if I'd design the website, and I happily agreed--but only if he let me design the logo as well.

This is my first "official" pro-bono job; sure, I volunteer at my kids' schools, and I've done the whole school website/directory/various programs thing, but I've never had the opportunity to volunteer for a client. Justin just approved the logo the other day:


I spent the better part of today working on the website; I'm pretty excited about it. As I said before, Justin is a talented photographer, and I'm sure he'll have no problems meeting his goal. If you have a question about the Portrait House, or if you'd like to get involved, email Justin at justin@imagine-imaging.com.

In the meantime, I'm happy to lend my services to something that will make a difference.

2 comments:

Justin Marantz said...

Hey Tracie,

We couldn't be happier with the new logo and the first draft of The Portrait House site. I can't wait to see it all finished! BTW, your new site looks awesome!

Mary Marantz said...

Yay! Tracie has a blog! rock on. We are the ones who should be (and believe me we are!) raving about you! We think you're the bee's knees! :)