4.04.2011

Get crafty:

This weekend, I got myself a little crafty. OK, on the craft scale of things, it was probably a way lot crafty. It involved multiple trips to Staples and Home Depot. It involved a power staple gun (after the guy at Home Depot told me that mine wasn't powerful enough, I thought he was saying that *I* wasn't powerful enough. I got way super insulted. Then, once I realized what he was talking about, I got way super embarrassed).

People, the dining room chairs got a nice little face lift this weekend. Let's take a look at before, shall we?



Oh, what's that? The stains don't look that bad (OK, really, they do. But I'm going to zoom in for you anyway).



Yes, this is what happens after 8 years and 3 kids get to them.

But now let's get to the fun part, the after. As I said earlier, I found 5 different kinds of fabric that I loved, and that I thought would be perfect for the project. I couldn't decide, and they all looked great together, so we used all 5 (even though we have 6 chairs. Two chairs have the same fabric).



The dining room is actually part of our living room--the walls are light and medium gray, and the sofa is charcoal. We're using yellow and orange accents throughout the room, so you can only imagine the squeals of excitement when I found this fabric.



Of course, we still have 3 children (one of whom is three years old). And some of these fabrics are pretty white. So I'm just going to enjoy these while they're still stain-free. And of course, stock up on those Tide stain remover pens.

1 comment:

ZoesMom said...

Nice! I can't wait to come over to dine!